We interrupt the chronological order of this blog to bring you a real time update! A few weeks ago I had a breast sonogram to see if my tumor had shrunk at all after 3 rounds of chemo. The good news – the tumor hasn’t grown! The bad news – it hasn’t noticeably shrunk. My team met and decided it was time to remove my tumor (along with my breast!) The breast surgeon wanted to do the surgery 2-3 weeks after my last chemo which was 2 days ago today. Yikes that’s quick.The big problem would be coordinating the two surgeons schedules – the breast surgeon and the plastic surgeon. I have opted to have a bilateral mastectomy with immediate reconstruction. The past week has been a flurry of doctor’s appointments. We got the word on Wednesday December 5th – my surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, December the 11th! That’s less than a week away. I appreciate your support and prayers through this difficult time. At least by Christmas the worst should be over! After the surgery, they will look at the tumor and decide if the AC chemo was working at all – if it is killing the tumor I will have 2 more cycles of AC. If isn’t affecting it too much I will just have 4 more rounds of T.
I appreciate your support and prayers and good wishes through this difficult time. I really feel that it is helping me stay positive and keeping my spirits up.